Thursday, November 27, 2014

Getting Started With Marijuana Seed Crossing

I started growing indoors and I quickly found out that it was not for me. I moved outside into a greenhouse and have had great success growing some monsters.

Talking shop with the people over at Progressive Options (PO) is a hobby of mine and most of my genetics have been sourced through them.  Growing outdoors allows me to play with long flowering period sativas- the types that I enjoy to smoke.

I found Holy Diver through PO and I love the focused, creative, functional, enhancement high it yields when the bud is harvested earlyish. It stands as the cornerstone of my breeding efforts thus far. Working on adapting it to Los Angeles and crossing this strain to other complimentary strains has been my focus.

This cross originated with Snow High. Say what you want about Snow High. He brings around genetics that we would not have access to otherwise. I would love the opportunity to prove and stabilize some of his more distinctive varieties.

I began making my own seeds. Male/female crosses and cross-backs and feminized cross-backs of some classic varieties are are currently in the works. I figured, "Why not share the benefits of all this hard work?".

We are now starting our seed breeding program and making our seeds available to other growers. My first cross that I have enough seeds to prove is Holy Mexican (Purple Mexican X Holy Diver)X(Holy Diver X Giesle).  In the picture here, you can see the seeds that I broadcast onto the prepared planting bed.

You can see the crystals from the buds on the bag. Pictures from the moderately snowy cured mother will be shared when she is done with a 6 week cave-curing.

More updates on our progress to follow...

Want to see a specific strain available in the form of a stabilized M/F cross back? Feminized cross back? Have an idea for a killer cross? Let us know in the comments below. We are listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment